You probably think that if you want to add a tree or two to your property, then you have to purchase them from a nursery. Actually, it’s possible to grow a tree from a twig.
Items you will need to perform the task include:
· A Tree Branch
· Plastic Bottle
The task can be achieved in just seven steps.
1. Pull all the leaves off the branch and chop off the buds and smaller branches with a knife or hammer.
2. Select a branch and then use the hammer and knife to remove a smaller branch.
3. Chop the branch into eight 15-inch pieces that can fit into a plastic bottle.
4. Fill the bottle with 2-inches of water and a little bit of root booster.
5. Put the branches into the bottle and close it with the cap.
6. Screw the cap off and on periodically so that fresh air can get into the bottle.
7. After about two weeks, you may observe fluffy texture or little beads on the twigs. This is a sign that it’s time to place a twig in soil and water it like you would any plant.
Keep caring for the branch and over time you will have your tree.
(Photos courtesy of Homesteading.com)