Kubota Tractor Corporation, a manufacturer of consumer lawn mowers and tractors as well as garden equipment based in Grapevine, Texas, also offers RTVs –- a heavy-duty all-terrain vehicle (ATV) that is ideal for traveling different terrains to complete chores around a farm.
The company offers a number of RTVs including the RTV 400Ci, RTV 500, and RTV X Series including the RTV X900, RTV X1100C, RTV X1120D, and the RTV X1140.
The Kubota RTV 400Ci and RTV 500 feature an air-cooled EFI single–cylinder gasoline engine that includes electronic fuel injection (EFI) system that assists in eliminating cold starting and manual choke adjustment issues that often plague carbureted utility vehicles.
Other features include:
· Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT Plus) with Inertial Clutch. The clutch is designed to keep the thick, double cogged-belts tight for minimal slippage. This results in greater response and better durability. It also provides dynamic braking to help maintain control during descents with engine-assisted deceleration.
· Comfortable Operator Area. The driver’s seat areas of the vehicle offer ergonomically, well-placed controls for easy operation as well as a comfortable seat for the driver and passenger. The low operator platform offers plenty of obstacle-free legroom.
· Robust, Reliable Semi-Independent Rear Suspension
· 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
The RTV X Series include:
· A VHT-X Variable Hydraulic Transmission with Oil Cooler. This offers a wide torque band and the oil cooler helps to boost performance and durability.
· In-Line 2-Speed Shifter. The shifter will allow the driver to shift less often and maintain better control of the vehicle due to new transmission gearing with two forward speeds (high and low), plus neutral and reverse.
· Limited-Slip Front Differential. This feature offers true four-wheel drive with a locking rear differential that assists to reduce wheel spin and offers greater control and a smoother ride on rough or muddy terrain.
· Dynamic Braking. This provides additional braking power and greater driving control.
· Strong High-Rigidity Frame. Designed to isolate the occupants from noise, vibration, and harshness, the durable frame can take years of punishment caused by heavy loads and rough terrain.
· 20% Larger, Clog-Resistant Radiator. The radiator and air-intake is located high and up front under the hood where the air is cleaner and cooler to improve radiator performance and simplify maintenance. The wide fin pitch design minimizes clogging.
· Front And Rear Independent Suspension.
· Height-Adjustable Front And Rear Suspension. The ability to adjust the front and rear suspension ensures the proper vehicle height for a smooth ride and optimum drivability.
· High Ground Clearance of 10.4-inches. The clearance also includes 8-inches of suspension travel so that the vehicle can glide over bumps, not through them.
· CV Joint Protectors And Skid Plates. This is included to protect the most critical parts of the engine and transmission.
· 60-40 Split-Bench Seats. The driver side is adjustable on work site models.
· Hydraulic Power Steering. Hydrostatic power steering offers better control while driving over rough terrain and the steering wheel is tilt adjustable so that the operator can set the optimum angle for his driving style.
· Digital Meter Cluster. The display is bright, large, and easy-to-read and keeps you informed on all critical driving conditions including speed, hours, and miles traveled. An Overheat light and audio Alarm assists in preventing engine damage.
· Easily Accessible Dash-Mounted Parking Brake. The brake is conveniently located on the dashboard for easier access.
· Glove Box. A large glove box on the passenger side offers space to store tools and other personal items.
· Under-Seat Storage Compartments. Located under the split-bench seats, the compartments offer storage space for tools, tie-downs, and personal items.
· Hydraulic Dumping Cargo Box. The box lifts with a flick of a single lever and the cargo slides out saving time and effort on significant physical strength and labor to unload.
· Tie-Down Hooks In Four Corners Of The Cargo Box. This helps keep loads in place no matter how rough the terrain.
· 1100-lbs. Of Cargo Capacity. The cargo box can accommodate up to half a ton of tools, firewood, gear, supplies and more.
· Factory Spray-On Bed Liner Option. This is ideal for protecting the cargo bed from dirt and damage.
· Standard Front and Rear 2-Inch Hitch with 1,300-lbs of Towing Capacity.