If you’ve been visiting Lawneq.com for any period of time, then you are aware that Kubota is a major supplier for us of lawn mowers and lawn mower parts as well as tractor and tractor parts.
The company is not new to the United States. In fact, it has been involved in the U.S. market since 1969 when it introduced its sub-compact tractor, the Kubota 21 HP L200.
In 1972, Kubota Tractor Corporation (KTC) was formed in the United States and the company has been expanding its product line here ever since. Today it offers lawn mowers, utility vehicles, construction equipment, agriculture tractors and hay equipment.
The company now has a group of affiliates and facilities in the United States that support its customers. These facilities are involved in engine tractor manufacturing, assembly and distribution, financial and credit assistance, and insurance.
The company has offices in the following locations.
· Kubota Tractor Corp., Grapevine, Texas. This is the marketing and distribution wing of the company in the United States. It offers a complete line of tractors of up to 170 gross horsepower, implements, compact and utility-class construction equipment, consumer lawn and garden equipment, hay tools and spreaders, commercial turf products, and utility vehicles. It has a network of more than 1,100 authorized dealers. Besides the headquarters in Texas, Kubota Tractor Corp. has four division offices and warehouses in Lodi, California; Fort Worth, Texas; Groveport, Ohio; and Suwanee, Georgia. The company also has a new North American distribution center in Edgerton, Kansas.
· Kubota Credit Corp, USA, Grapevine, Texas. The credit wing of the company offers a range of financing alternatives and leasing programs for dealers.
· Kubota Manufacturing of America, Gainesville, Georgia. This is the wing that manufactures and assembles Kubota lawn tractors, zero-turn mowers, sub-compact tractors, utility vehicles, loaders, backhoes and other implements. The headquarters employs 1,200 people and the complex includes two buildings offering 616,000 square feet of manufacturing space.
· Kubota Industrial Equipment, Jefferson, Georgia. This facility was created in 2004 to expand Kubota’s North American Manufacturing base. The complex occupies 440,000 square feet and manufactures tractor implements including loaders and backhoes. In 2013, a 460,000 square foot factory including environmentally friendly installations was added to the existing 88-acre site. The new facility began manufacturing compact tractors for North America in January 2013.
· Kubota Engine of America, Lincolnshire, Illinois. This is a leading original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of compact diesel and gasoline engines for industrial, agricultural, construction, and generator applications. Established in 1999, it distributes and markets Kubota-Tough engines that produce from 6 to 99-horsepower to other top-name manufacturers in various industrial equipment sectors.
In addition, Kubota has established alliances with a variety of high-performance equipment brands including Land Pride, Echo, Paladin, and Terrain King.
The company’s partnership with Land Pride results in implements that are performance-matched to Kubota tractors, specifically 3-point implements. These implements include Land Pride rotary cutters, grooming mowers, rotary tillers, rear blades and more.
Its partnership with Echo has led to the development and manufacturing of professional-grade, hand-held outdoor power equipment for commercial and homeowner use.