Although spring time may seem far away at the moment, it will be here before you even know it. To get your gardening equipment to perform at its very best next season, we listed very important handy storage advice for our most popular machines, including lawn mower parts care and maintenance tips and how to do trimmer service and Rider service. A very simple lawn mower care effort this winter can make a world of difference when it’s time to go into the gardening season again. It would be wise to spend hours of maintenance during winter than days of troubleshooting come Spring time.
Lawn Mower service
• One important thing not commonly known is that the fluid left by cut grass is rather corrosive. This the reason why it is important to clean gardening tools and mowers especially before prolonged storage.
• When you service a petrol lawn mower, be sure to empty out all of the fuel. Leaving gas in the tank during storage may lead to a hard starting engine. If you, however, prefer to leave the fuel in the tank, be sure to put fuel stabilizer.
• If your model has an assisted electrical start, the battery can use a full recharge during winter.
Tractor and Rider service
• Go over the cutting deck, blades and belts to ensure that there’s no visible wear and tear.
• If needed, use the off-season to turn in your machines for a Rider service or a garden tractor service. Filling up on oil, checking air filters and syncing the all wheel drive are things that may be nice to get a hand with.
• Remember to fully recharge the battery at some point during the winter months, that way you’ll ensure a flying start to the season. It’s a good idea to remove your lawn mower battery for the winter and store it in a cool, dry place. Be sure to store it away from gas cans, the water heater or furnace. Disconnect the battery cable from the battery, starting with the negative cable (it will have a minus sign). Remove the battery and wipe it off with a cloth. Clean the battery terminal using a metal brush, or clean it with a battery cleaner.
Trimmer and hedge trimmer service
• When it comes to trimmer and hedge trimmer maintenance it’s easy to forget to remove smaller cut parts that may have gotten stuck in between the blades. Take a few minutes to ensure that the machine has been properly cleaned. If not, dried grass or branch parts are usually fairly easy to get rid of.
• Just like with the walk-behind mowers, it’s a good idea to empty out all of the fuel left in the tank. Gas left in the machine for longer periods of time can make it tough to start the engine next season.
• A professional trick for trimmer service is to remove the trimmer line and let it soak in fresh water during the winter season. By doing so it will maintain its flexibility, handle more strain and last longer.
LawnEQ has wide array of lawn mower parts for all types of lawn mowers at very affordable prices.