Warning! Repairs are no easy task.
Be warned that lawn mower repair is no easy work. Do not get fooled by the videos and images of smiling instructors you see on the internet doing repairs and making it appear like it is a piece of cake. Watching others do it and actually doing it yourself are two different and unrelated experiences. Bear in mind that those instructors have years of experience doing repairs that made it look easy for them.
Despite the warning given above, and you are still convinced that you can pull it off, then you need all the support you can have if this is the first time you are doing repair on a lawn mower. Search the internet for how to instruction that will help you tremendously in gaining success. But before starting to , you must understand the risk associated with working with machines. Not minding safety precautions when doing repairs can cause bodily injuries or even death.
Safety cannot be over-emphasized. Before even commencing repair work on your lawn mower, you should do these basic safety precautions to minimize the risk of injury to yourself.
1. Read the Owner’s Manual regarding Safety Precautions of handling and operating your lawn mower.
2. Wear protective gloves, goggles, sturdy shoes, and long pants.
3. Remove the spark plug from the engine to prevent ignition during repair.
4. Never smoke when doing repair. Gasoline is highly flammable.
5. Do repair in a well-ventilated area.
6. Keep children off from the area where repair is being done.
Please note that the above-mentioned safety precautions are basic to all kinds of lawn mower repairs. However, there are different kinds of lawn mowers. You might need more specific safety precautions depending on what type of lawn mower you are working on.
LawnEQ has wide array of lawn mower parts for all types of lawn mowers at very reasonable prices.